Software Engineer - Full Stack
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
Are you passionate about building apps that help people? As a Full Stack Engineer, you will build web apps and web services to provide more people with convenient access to licensed therapists who can help those in need live a happier and healthier life.
You will get to
- Build new features and enhancements
- Participate or lead the technical design of new features
- Sheppard your contributions through peer review, testing, deployment, and finally monitoring in production
- Both learn from and teach your fellow engineers by providing constructive feedback
- Collaborate with small teams of talented engineers, product managers, and designers to build the best platform for psychotherapy
- Professional experience with at least one server-side language (We primarily use Node.js, but also others)
- Professional experience building interactive web applications using modern frameworks, such as React
- Experience with SQL and ORMs (We use MySQL)
- Strong grasp of fundamental computer science, including data structures and algorithms
- Ability to debug complex problems in complex systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced English and communication skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field
You may be a good fit if you
- Are motivated by Talkspace's mission
- Thrive in a startup environment
- Are focused on execution (productivity is your middle name)
- Appreciate agility and pragmatism, even when this means bending to a framework or making boring technology choices
- Are passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security
- Are eager to help the other team find a solution when the site goes down
- Are comfortable with multiple programming languages and paradigms, including object-oriented and functional, without being dogmatic about your preferences
- Enjoy writing about technology, presenting at public events, or contributing to open source
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and other competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.