Software Engineer - iOS
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced iOS Engineer with amazing collaboration and coaching skills to join us in our NYC Headquarters. This role will play a significant part in growing our talent and requires someone who models what it means to be a great team player.
About this role
- Develop iOS apps for Clients (recently “App of the Day”) and Therapists
- Use of Swift and Objective-C
- As the largest platform for Talkspace users, the iOS app will roll out of features that drive the key metrics to our consumer business: conversion rates, milestone-driven engagement, and retention.
- Our roadmap for iOS reflects our mission: to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. This includes improving conversations with therapists, adding new features such as journaling, price testing, and much more
- Collaborate and work closely with other iOS engineers to build features and make our code better
- Get hands-on mentoring from experienced teammates to help take our iOS skills to the next level
- Work closely with product managers, designers, Android engineers, and server engineers and take our apps to the next level
- You'll be involved in planning new features that have a significant impact on our product design and direction
- At least 3+ years of industry experience, with three or more years developing native iOS apps showcased in the App Store
- Expertise with both Swift and Objective-C
- You have significantly contributed to one or more strong apps in the App Store
- A great understanding of design patterns, such as Object Oriented Design, MVC, and MVVM
- Well versed in storyboards/XIBs, as well as writing layout code by hand
- An eye for design and user experience. You love delighting users with subtle animations and details
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Participate in the community by contributing to open source libraries, speaking at events, and/or writing technical blog posts
- Experience with Reactive paradigms, such as RxSwift or ReactiveSwift
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and other competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.