Senior Software Engineer
At Talkspace, we’re helping change people’s lives forever through the power of therapy. We’re looking for someone who loves building beautiful products and solving the complex technical problems that go along with them. We're looking for a skilled and passionate engineer who is detail-oriented, collaborative, and friendly. Our engineers work closely with design, business development, and Product Managers to create products that make a real difference in our users lives every single day.
Having already made a difference in the lives of half a million people, if you think you can help us impact the next half million, then this is the role for you.
- Develop and deploy new features and enhancements to Talkspace
- Design and build clean REST APIs and WebSockets interfaces
- Develop well-factored codebases with test coverage
- Introduce and champion development best practices
- Monitor and optimize our services to be ever faster and more scalable
- Mentor junior developers
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building scalable web apps
- Experience with SQL, especially MySQL and slow query optimization
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience administering services in a cloud environment, such as AWS
- Experience as a Linux power user
- Advanced English skills
Bonus points for
- Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance your services in production
- Experience with front-end development frameworks, such as React and React Native
- You’ll be part of revolutionizing the mental health field by joining the team at Talkspace.
- Great health benefits and 401(k) matching
- Catered lunches three days a week and plenty of snacks