Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better. We are looking for an experienced iOS Engineer with amazing collaboration and development skills to join us in our NYC Headquarters.
About this role
- Join a small team that develops and supports for two business critical iOS apps for Clients (recently “App of the Day”) and Therapists
- As the largest platform for Talkspace users (ahead of web and Android), the iOS app will be a leader in the roll out of features that drive the key metrics to our consumer business: conversion rates, milestone-driven engagement, and retention.
- Our roadmap for iOS reflects our mission: to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. This includes improving conversations with therapists, adding new features such as journaling, price testing, and much more
- Collaborate with product and design to grow the top iOS Therapy app
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comfort and delight in a small, fast-paced startup environment
- An eye for design and user experience. You love delighting users with subtle animations and details
- 5 years professional experience
- 2 - 3 years native iOS development
- Have contributed or have an app on the AppStore.
- Experience in mixed language Objective-C and Swift project. Must know the intricacies of interoperating between the two languages.
- Experience in mixed interface layout techniques.
- Experience migrating manual layout to autolayout
- Experience with Dynamic Constraints: Visual Format Language, Sizing classes, Portrait vs Landscape
- Knowledgeable of UIViewController lifecycle methods
- Well versed in storyboards/XIBs, as well as writing layout code by hand
- Experience with static libraries, frameworks and cocoapods
- Knowledge of Charles Proxy, GitFlow, Git and Jira
- Experience with React Native and RxSwift
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or a related field. Or demonstrable computer science knowledge
- Good to have, experience with XCTest
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.