Talkspace is the world's leading online therapy company and we’re on a mission to transform the face of mental health care by making therapy convenient, affordable and accessible to all.
Join us on this mission & you’ll be working with hard-working and tight-knit group of talented professionals that want to make a real, lasting difference in people’s lives.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Front-End engineer to push forward the experience, interaction and visual language of our products across the web. You’ll work closely with the creative director, product managers and engineering team to create user-centric, engaging and useful UX experience. Qualified candidates should be experienced interface designers with a love for making complex information easily accessible and meaningful for our users.
As part of our engineering team, you will be expected to challenge the status quo and bring new feature and interaction ideas to the table. Our brand has room for growth and innovation, and we are looking for a candidate who is driven and motivated by their passion for solving complex user experience problems through visual- and interaction design. We’re a nimble team, all open to working outside our comfort zones to realize ideas and we expect you to embrace the same attitude.
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you?
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Linkedin, etc)
- Examples of prior work
- Must be proficient with Git
- Experience with LESS and SASS
- Experience working with designers to transform Sketch and/or Photoshop files into beautiful, fast customer-facing web pages that make a user’s day better (Note: We mainly work with Sketch)
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self--awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with automated front-end testing
- Experience with template engines (jade, handlebars, jinja)
- Experience with WebSockets
Working from our Manhattan office conveniently based out of the original Studio 54 building in Hell’s Kitchen, you'll be part of a small but ambitious team that is transforming the face of mental healthcare. We have comprehensive health and dental benefits and are prepared to move quickly for the right candidate.